Tv blabs, movie blabs, book blabs. Lots of blab, but no flab.

Saturday, November 20

It's All About Me

So prepare yourself for an influx of posts relating to my trip away. I can't help it. It's going to be on my mind for a while.

One purpose I try to impose on my spring trip south is some early Christmas shopping. I go away intent on returning with a good amount of gifts removing the need to scrounge later on. There are two problems:

The first is my family's and my birthdays are all between now and the end of the year. So gifts tend to disappear when split between the two occasions.

The second is my inability to think about anyone else while I am browsing. I can spend an hour in, for example, JB Hifi and go to leave, only to realise that I've not looked at anything that isn't something I want. So I'll do another trip around the store, finding more things I want and hopefully a suitable gift for someone else. I have to make a conscious effort to shop for others. It's not that I'm selfish, I just am so used to browsing, and not purchasing, that it is ingrained that I look for good things for me.

Take me shopping and I'm good for spotting things another may want, but alone I'm terrible. When shopping with others I have a knack for finding bargains and I become unpopular because I don't spend anything, but find items that others can't resist.

I managed to find a few things that make a good start for the shopping. I'll just have to wait till the last minute now, so I have no other choice than to totally focus on other people.

0 viewers interjected with:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger

 

© Casyn 2004 - 2005