Tv blabs, movie blabs, book blabs. Lots of blab, but no flab.

Wednesday, January 5

2005 Movies

I wish to make a list of all the films I see this year. A good record, but also a good way to make sure I keep writing about them and not slack off like I have been.

January
05 - The Phantom of the Opera - lavish, grand, beautiful, musical
14 - The Incredibles - fun, exciting, flashy, family
18 - Elektra - dull, ordinary, uninspiring, dull

February
01 - Closer - gritty, harsh, provocative, honest
25 - Constantine - dark, fiendish, intriguing

April
09 - Robots - fun, familiar, funny
19 - Sahara - down-to-Earth, fast, eventful
28 - Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - smart, witty, fun

May
20 - Star Wars: The Revenge of the Sith - long, bored, disappointed

June
7 - In Good Company - hopeful, moral, inspiring
21 - Batman Begins - grim, enthralling, thrilling
21 - Mr. & Mrs. Smith - bland, over-long, forced
28 - Batman Begins - revealing, dark, excellent
28 - Herbie Fully Loaded - fluff, nothing, guilty fun

July
1 - War of the Worlds - scary, relevant, bad ending
9 - Fantastic Four - shallow, brainless, nothing

10 viewers interjected with:

Blogger Hugh said...

Come on, surely you can tells a little more about it than that! ;-)

5/1/05 9:58 am

 
Blogger MuzeKez said...

Phantom will be my first movie for 2005 too - Mum and I are off to see it tomorrow in Gold Class (Mum scored some vouchers from her boss, woohoo)! Very excited, I am. :-)

5/1/05 11:04 am

 
Blogger Onanymous said...

I can't wait to see it, especially since I saw it on stage for the first time a few months ago.
Unfortunately it only starts in Feb.

5/1/05 3:52 pm

 
Blogger Casyn said...

Oh boy are you going to regret saying that Verbs! It was too hot to use my comp today so I hand wrote my post about it. Four and a half A4 pages later...

I've never been to Gold Class. We don't have it here. :-(

I would love to see another production. I saw it at the start of 1998, and I was up in the gods. It's worth the wait till Feb. Or, if you're really eager there's other ways to see films...

6/1/05 12:20 am

 
Blogger Hugh said...

I reckon you should scan it and then post that. Yah?

6/1/05 1:55 pm

 
Blogger Casyn said...

Ooo. I think that could be scary. It would have to be one very powerful scanner to be able to translate my scrawl! I'll just keep typing and get it up soon. :-)

6/1/05 2:17 pm

 
Blogger Hugh said...

You need a tagboard and I need a blog!

Have you seen Baraka? It is on the ABC now. I would think it'd be something you'd like.

Now, to read about the Phantom, whilst watching Baraka.

6/1/05 10:53 pm

 
Blogger Casyn said...

I wasn't playing in email when you commented. Bugger! Is it a series? If it's a one off, they may play it again one day.

It is unlikely that I'll be replacing the tagboard, but I think you need to do the blog thing so I don't have to have a tagboard. :-)

Feel free to gmail me direct about anything like that.

7/1/05 5:33 pm

 
Blogger Hugh said...

Sorry, I will in future.

Baraka is a documentary of sorts - it has no dialogue or voice over narration.

The narrative is woven together by stunning visuals and an amazing soundtrack.

It raises a lot of questions about the world we live in and humankind's impact on our environments. Your local video store may well have it in their library.

8/1/05 1:12 pm

 
Blogger Casyn said...

Sounds interesting. I am intrigued.

You put too much faith in regional video stores. :-)

9/1/05 1:02 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger

 

© Casyn 2004 - 2005