Tv blabs, movie blabs, book blabs. Lots of blab, but no flab.

Sunday, November 14

It's All Over

My time in Adelaide is coming to a close. In 40 hours I'll be back in the land of Queens. Hang on. I'll rephrase. I'll be back in Bris-vegas.

Last night was the final of the four-part opera I was over here to see. The Ring Cycle is a HUGE production. It is really four operas continuing the same story. It's The Lord of the Ring of theatre. Composed by Wagner, and even if you've not heard of him you are assuredly aware of the most famous tune from the second show called 'The Ride of the Valkyries'. I'll track down a link for a snippet of the tune. Believe me when I say you'll recognise it.

So after around 18 hours of Wagner, I think I've had my fix for a few years. It was an excellent show and I am extremely glad I got to come over and see it. For free!

I'll write a detailed account of my experience when I get home home.

3 viewers interjected with:

Blogger MuzeKez said...

pssst, will you be in Brisbane long?

15/11/04 8:16 am

 
Blogger Ben said...

ooh ooh, is that like the spear and magic helmet opera?

15/11/04 9:02 pm

 
Blogger Casyn said...

I won't be in Brisbane long. Short enough to count the hours. I've ended up with a rather busy schedule, which is strange for the end of a holiday, but it has to be and may lead to better things.

I can feel the winds of change on their way.

The Ring Cycle (Or Der Ring des Nibelungen) is indeed the opera with the spears (spear) and magic helm (Tahnhelm). Also, there is a magic ring. ;-)

15/11/04 11:45 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger

 

© Casyn 2004 - 2005