Tv blabs, movie blabs, book blabs. Lots of blab, but no flab.

Tuesday, November 2

Mismatched

We all know that the world is obsessed with image. Whether you say you are or deny it, image is important to us all. I'm not just talking about clothes here, either. I mean everything physical. Thus, I'm rarely surprised by what people in Hollywood do to themselves.

What I am constantly surprised by is how awful people look after some of the surgery and procedures they inflict upon themselves. If it makes you look like Frankenstein's Monster, then you've not made yourself look more attractive, let alone younger. What brought this on was my chance stopping on The Practice tonight. Rebecca De Mornay guest starred along with Vince Colosimo.

The first thing that struck me was how perfectly smooth and flawless De Mornay's face was. Something to show off, no matter how artificially it was achieved. The nasty surprise was her neck. Now I'm not about to go on about how unattractive anything is, because that is not my point. But, if you are going to make your face look like it's half your age, ensure that you treat everything around it equally, otherwise the bad will always draw more attention than the good.

Now. Where is my mirror?

7 viewers interjected with:

Blogger Violet said...

Don't you love those photos in the women's mags which show the glamorous celebrities looking their worst? I do, anyway.

3/11/04 5:37 pm

 
Blogger Casyn said...

This being the case have you come across Go Fug Yourself?

3/11/04 11:34 pm

 
Blogger Violet said...

No I haven't - I love it!

4/11/04 3:50 pm

 
Blogger Casyn said...

It's a great blog. Nice to know where not the only people who go "What have you done!" and "You wore that? In public?"

6/11/04 12:38 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fabulous blog! It makes me feel better about my unstylish self. :-)

6/11/04 1:13 pm

 
Blogger MuzeKez said...

Gah, that was me. :-)

6/11/04 1:13 pm

 
Blogger Casyn said...

And here I was thinking I'd had a new visitor liking my work. ;-)

It is a great blog. Yay for the wide variety of blogs!

7/11/04 11:13 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger

 

© Casyn 2004 - 2005