Tv blabs, movie blabs, book blabs. Lots of blab, but no flab.

Tuesday, September 21

The Trouble With Mac

I'm currently at work watching Oprah's wildest dreams show where she's giving away the cars to her audience (yes, I'm being paid to do this). I thought I may try and get a couple of posts out while I have the opportunity, but it seems I can't do everything I want because the computer that I can use is a Mac (all computers here are). The browser is Safari and I don't have any of the handy things that I need like any of the buttons! I do like Macs and the way they work, but this one here just makes me go GRRR!

8 viewers interjected with:

Blogger Ben said...

Gee that sounds like a nice job! How did you score that?
Why don't you try the Firefox browser if not enjoying Safari (I've never tried it).

21/9/04 8:53 pm

 
Blogger Onanymous said...

Argh

21/9/04 8:55 pm

 
Blogger SingleFin said...

Harken ye unto Ben, for he is wise. Firefox. If firefox was a fruit, it'd be a yummy mango at just the right stage of ripeness.

22/9/04 1:29 am

 
Blogger MuzeKez said...

Safari's not a bad little browser, I use it on the Macs at uni, but yes it doesn't seem conducive to blogging. Pity, because here I am, bored at uni, and what better thing to do when bored than blog!

Incidentally, what kind of a job pays you to watch Oprah?! I saw some of that show, how lucky are the people who were chosen to attend that day? I wish some nice rich person would give me a new car. :-)

22/9/04 12:52 pm

 
Blogger Casyn said...

My job is one of extremes. There are times when I've got no time to think, times when I'm so stressed I have no memory of those days, times when it's so much fun I can't wait to get in, and times when I'm just trying to not look bored. That is what theatre life is like. When the theatre is hired out to local dance schools for rehearsals, all they need is a staff member to open the doors and ensure no one burns the building down. That means hours of the same doof doof and hall monitoring, so we resort to other forms of distraction.

I have no administrator rights on my work computer (multiple users), and so am condemned to Safari-hell. I recently installed Mozilla on my lappy to see what it was like. I was rather disappointed that it was Netscape with a different face. I use it in conjunction with IE now. If Firefox is better than Mozilla, I've just got a mag-disc with it on, I'll give it a go.

Grr Aarg indeed! :-) I am shamed to have to admit that it took me a while to get it.

It was a nice car Oprah gave away and I was rather envious. Driving a newish dark-red car on my trip was good, until I got back and had to drive our normal car. Anyone out there with a brand new car they want to give to a deserving blogger, email me!

:-)

22/9/04 11:42 pm

 
Blogger Violet said...

Welcome back, Casyn. How was the solo drive? Did you drift into that meditative state which feels nice and comfy but makes you forget to turn corners?

23/9/04 4:46 pm

 
Blogger Casyn said...

Driving solo was the toughest part of the whole weekend. Overnight trips are horrible, but am glad I did it cause there was little traffic. On the way back, I was dead tired to start with, and then had to battle school holiday traffic. That wasn't so much fun.

I've become a Firefox convert. I like it and I've even downloaded a couple of cool themes for it! I'll have to live with speling mitsakes in my coments frm now one. :-)

23/9/04 6:43 pm

 
Blogger MuzeKez said...

Your new pic scared the crap outta me! Almost fell right off my chair in fright!

23/9/04 7:12 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger

 

© Casyn 2004 - 2005