Tv blabs, movie blabs, book blabs. Lots of blab, but no flab.

Monday, September 13

Help. If you want it.

Blogger has its helpful news articles posted under my blog list. I wonder how many people actually read them?

If there is something of interest to me, or a new trick or tool, I'll investigate. I have discovered that there is a wealth of articles that I've not read; some are helpful, some are dull.

I was rather amused to come across 'Eats, Blogs and Leaves', an adaptation and helpful guide to composing your blog using intelligible language. Sadly, no one guilty of being a capitalist blig would ever read it, nor would those addicted to using three full stops as a separator for everything, nor would ne1 gilti o ritin lik dis (grrrr).

My favourite parts of this article are:
Anyone who types in all lowercase needs to be taken out back and beaten. If you can't be bothered with the extra keystroke, I can't be bothered to read your site.

I always find mistakes after I hit the publish button. (I have the same problem)

Slight digression. I next blogged and found this. It's not Shakespeare, but funny nonetheless.

3 viewers interjected with:

Blogger MuzeKez said...

Like you, I read them if I think they're worthwhile. I remember the 'Eats, Blogs and Leaves' article, 'twas a good read!

13/9/04 10:21 am

 
Blogger Ben said...

does an ellipsis count as “three dots”…
coz I use a few of those…
so much goodness to be found with the ALT key! :}

13/9/04 9:04 pm

 
Blogger Casyn said...

Punctuation is a good thing makes life easier for everyone imagine if every blog out there was as hard to read as I am struggling to make this comment sound Im not perfect in the punctuation use but trying to do it wrong is harder...

Perhaps Pickwick is the person to direct this question at. My theory is to read it as if your speaking it. If it's easy to say, it's easy to read.

I was thinking that overusing any form of punctuation is bad except, perhaps, the full stop. Then that's not true either because '...' is multiple full stops and thus gets overused. I'll stop...

:-]

13/9/04 11:31 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger

 

© Casyn 2004 - 2005