Tv blabs, movie blabs, book blabs. Lots of blab, but no flab.

Thursday, October 7

Panel Beater

I am an irregular viewer of The Panel, mainly because of one person. Kate. I like to think that I am, generally, above disliking TV personalities. I accept that shows I watch will feature characters I don't like. I am able to accept that I don't like the character and not blame the actor. The unfortunate thing is she's not playing a part. I have always found her irritating, enough so that I will occasionally speak harshly at the TV, something it doesn't deserve. Tonight they revealed she's having another child, and I was completely repulsed by that thought. As if one isn't enough, now she's multiplying.

I'll stop being mean.

The other thing about The Panel tonight was they stole my shtick about Elton John's latest anger-management issues. I said out loud, 'Bugger! I wanted to post about that tonight!'. So instead, I'll just complain that they beat me to it.

5 viewers interjected with:

Blogger Pickwick said...

Maybe this is an indicator that you should become a writer for the Panel, given you're on the same wavelength and all. That way, you could come up with even more ridiculous things for Kate to say;-)

7/10/04 6:49 am

 
Blogger MuzeKez said...

I was watching a DVD last night and when I flicked back to TV, The Panel was on - right about the time of the Elton segment. He does seem to be on rather a short fuse lately! I hope Madonna does take him off her Christmas card list. ;-)

7/10/04 7:09 pm

 
Blogger Casyn said...

I'd be more into writing sketch comedy, I frequently come up with bizarre ideas for sketches that make me laugh. I've actually written a variety sketch show before, sadly we never had the money to do anything with it.

If the panel was a character based show I'd love to be a writer. The most grusome death imaginable...

You can't help but laugh at Elton at that awards ceremony. He does seem to have gone a bit bonkers. The outburst at the airport wasn't great but I'd doubt many people would react well in that circumstance. Just funny that these incidents happened within a week of each other!

7/10/04 11:31 pm

 
Blogger Draic said...

What is this celeb gossip about Elton? I have been rather obviously out of the world for a while and so I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

8/10/04 12:19 am

 
Blogger Casyn said...

Last week Elton was arriving in a Taiwan airport and was swamped by photographers and the like. He went on a bit of a tirade.

A couple of nights ago he recieved an award, his acceptance speech was rather colourful. He attacked Madonna's win for 'Best Live Act', accusing her of lipsynching.

Funniest line: "That's me off her f---ing Christmas card list but do I give a toss? No."

I think he's running low on some important medication.

8/10/04 12:49 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger

 

© Casyn 2004 - 2005