Tv blabs, movie blabs, book blabs. Lots of blab, but no flab.

Thursday, October 7

4400 Bottles of Beer...

If you've been watching Ten lately, then chances are you've seen one of their teasers for the mini-series The 4400. At first I thought this was just another drama miniseries that I would avoid, then I saw an extended trailer for it, and it caught my attention. Here's Ten's blurb:

Over the last century, thousands of people have gone missing. Suddenly and inexplicably, 4400 missing people are returned all at once, as they were on the day they vanished. Unclear what this world altering-event means, the government investigates the 4400 to piece together where they've been and why they've been returned. It quickly becomes apparent that their presence will change the human race in ways no one could have ever foreseen.

Sounds and looks a little X files-ian, and thus is worth a look on Sunday night. If you want to find out more before then, check out the official site.

13 viewers interjected with:

Blogger Hugh said...

It does sound intriguing. It's unusual to see high concept TV shows, and great to see a bit of imagination being used in TV production for a change.

Where did they go? Why are they back?

All will be revealed on Sunday....and Monday...maybe.

7/10/04 6:37 pm

 
Blogger SingleFin said...

Sounds good... wonder if it'll ever be shown here? I doubt it...

Bah!

7/10/04 8:04 pm

 
Blogger Pickwick said...

Even I'm tempted! I may need a crash course in how to turn the tv on, however...

7/10/04 10:10 pm

 
Blogger Onanymous said...

Does sound good, but since they scrapped SciFi Channel in South Africa because it was "no longer economically viable", there is not much chance of seeing it anytime soon.

7/10/04 11:17 pm

 
Blogger Casyn said...

The show is longer than the norm for a miniseries. It's one 2 hour opening, then four one hour long eps which we will obviously get joined at the hip so they don't lose too many monday nights of Queer Eye.

I'm a little surprised that we are getting The 4400 so soon. Normally there is a longer wait for us. England is worse for TV from what I hear. I remember that Angel was once aired at 6pm with major cuts. How stupid!

Pickwick, just keep pressing buttons till the right appliance turns on :-)

I don't know if we get a version of the Sci Fi channel here. I'm stuck with what the free-to-air stations shove down our throats. If I had cable, I would likely never leave the couch. I think if we had the Sci Fi channel I'd be very upset to lose it. I would picture lengthy emails, long blog posts and hearty dissatisfaction!

7/10/04 11:51 pm

 
Blogger Draic said...

If I remember to think about it, I'd like to watch it as well. I didn't understand the concept at first - the comments in some of the ads led me to believe it may be about people who had been in comas for a great deal of time.
4400 people really disappeared and reappeared at the same time? That's very intriguing.

8/10/04 12:25 am

 
Blogger Casyn said...

I will try to remember to remind.

The ads are a bit vague, that's why I was glad to see a longer version. Hopefully I've given a little more insight here. :-)

Over the last 50 years tens of thousands of people have disappeared, but 4400 of them have all returned on the same day. Some were missing for a couple of years, others for 50 years but they've all come back on at the same time.

8/10/04 12:38 am

 
Blogger Hugh said...

lol...it's not a "true" story.......is it?

8/10/04 8:28 am

 
Blogger MuzeKez said...

I'll probably check it out, but what is channel ten doing with their Sunday night programming?! Two weeks ago I watched a fascinating show called Sensing Murder, at 8:30pm. I was intrigued and looking forward to it the following week, when what comes on but the ol' Criminal Intent and NCIS. Whaa? And now this week they have The 4400!

So what I really want to know is, when am I going to get to see more of Sensing Murder? And I realise that this is probably not the place to ask that question. ;-) Also, my Detective Goren fixes are becoming a little sporadic.. hmmm.

8/10/04 7:21 pm

 
Blogger Casyn said...

True story? Perhaps. Who knows what those crazy folks in America get up too.

This is what I have just dubbed 'scramble time'. There's only about 8 weeks (I think)of ratings period left, and all of the programs that have been shelved this year are given a breif moment to shine or fade away.

There are a few new shows starting this week and a couple of favourites returning. Tune in for more info this weekend :-)

I wasn't really interested in the concept of Sensing Murder, but it is a shame that it wasn't given the chance to gather an audience. Maybe the Sunday night lineup of crime shows has been sidelined for the Saturday night lineup instead. Is 2 nights of crime TV too much?

I will see what I can dig up about Sensing Murder.

9/10/04 12:26 am

 
Blogger Pickwick said...

It's 9.15 on Sunday night and I've figured the tv out, taken the phone off the hook. It's a miracle! So far, interesting, but it's sooo commercial!!!

Hmmm....

10/10/04 9:16 pm

 
Blogger MuzeKez said...

Did anyone else find the explanation and ending completely unsatisfying? :-(

12/10/04 4:29 pm

 
Blogger Casyn said...

Ya, same here. I didn't expect a complete run down, this is the guy who made 'The Outer Limits', but I did feel like I was left high and dry. I commited 6 hours to watch this, I want some answers for my time.

13/10/04 12:41 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger

 

© Casyn 2004 - 2005