Tv blabs, movie blabs, book blabs. Lots of blab, but no flab.

Wednesday, June 1

Sniff Cough

It seems I am being punished. I was away for four days before and during last weekend, and what do I come back with? A burning throat, chest that's filling up with unspeakable fluids and a temperature that could fry eggs. Two days of nothing haven't stemmed the tide, and tonight I must face hoards of small children at work. Fun...

Another gem I brought back from my trip was the CD of the Broadway show Avenue Q. I'd heard of it but knew nothing about it. I found out that it won 3 Tony Awards in 2004 and is very popular. So much that it's started a run in Las Vegas. What's it about? A bunch of 'muppet'-esque puppets who live in a very cheap apartment block and what they get up to. It's not a show for kiddies even though it may appear that way on the surface. My closest analogy is that it's a cross between Sesame Street, Rent and South Park. The music is very catchy and very 'musical'. It's not at all politically correct, and strives to point out how rediculous some of the things we do today are. With songs lyrics like "It sucks to be me" and "The more you love someone, the more you want to kill them" it's bound to have you smiling.

4 viewers interjected with:

Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Hope you survive the small children (you can always deliberately sneeze on them!)

Have heard good things about Avenue Q. I'll check out the CD.

1/6/05 9:52 pm

 
Blogger Casyn said...

I've had Q songs going round my head since last weekend. Mostly due to non-stop playing of the CD. It's well worth getting.

"Gotta find my purpose. Gotta find me!"

I was coughing a lot tonight. Suddenly I have the voice of a baritone. 'Tis a little scary.

2/6/05 1:11 am

 
Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg said...

What's the equivalent low version of a voice so high only dogs can hear it?

Just wondered as I often meet people / am myself low, low, low in vocal range...!

Hope ya feel better soon chick!

2/6/05 6:53 pm

 
Blogger Casyn said...

Subsonic boom maybe?

I've never been called poultry before. :-)

3/6/05 12:41 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger

 

© Casyn 2004 - 2005