Tv blabs, movie blabs, book blabs. Lots of blab, but no flab.

Monday, May 9

More News Than You Could Poke A Wand At

There's been a lot of movement at the Potter station this weekend:

MuggleNet has released not one, but two new high quality galleries of images from the forthcoming Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire.

Harry looks a little to much like Frodo with glasses in this picture and I think Ron may be going through some gender issues.

The trailer for GOF was released online this weekend sometime after the airing of the GOF special on ABC America. You can catch it at Apple like every other film’s trailer at the moment.

Along with a new poster:



And a new Goblet of Fire website. Doesn't have much of anything yet unfortunately.

It’s a big year for stop motion animation this year: Tim Burton’s new film, The Corpse Bride’s trailer is worth a look, and you can also read an in-depth set visit article

A vegetarian horror film. Sounds like Wallace and Gromit to me! The Curse of the Warerabbit is the Wallace & Gromit spin on Hitchcock thriller films.

Several reviews from the USA screenings of Serenity last week are over at Ain’t It Cool News. Only one reviewer posted spoilers, but thankfully labelled them. This is the film that I am looking forward to the most this year, and have faith that it will deliver the goods.

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe trailer has been released. Sadly, I wasn’t able to view it in Firefox for some strange, unknown reason.

With only two seasons filmed, it looks as though HBO have cancelled Carnivale. The second season hasn’t aired here yet, but I’m guessing there haven’t been too many questions answered and a whole lot more have been posed. I feel like going off on a ‘how typical to stop such an interesting show mid-story’ blurge, but I’m saving us all the misery.

If you haven’t heard, and chances are if you care you already would have, is that Dr. Who is returning to our TV screens, and I don’t mean in repeats. It’s a new series and the Dr. is without scary curly hair. Catch it on ABC at 7:30pm Saturday May 21st.

Hellboy 2 is likely to start shooting in January 2006. Good news I say.

Other films that have sparked an interest are Aeon Flux, and Sin City.

I caught the trailers for Bewitched, Madagascar, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Herbie last week at the cinema. Bewitched was only a teaser, but made me worried about Will Ferrel as Darryn. Madagascar was a full trailer and actually looked amusing, which the previous teaser trailers didn't. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was excellent, and I loved the new Oompa Loompa song! I love all the old Herbie films, and will likely go see this new version simply to reminisce.

3 viewers interjected with:

Blogger MuzeKez said...

I surely will go stir-crazy waiting till November for the next Harry Potter flick. It looks so good - even in that teeny tiny teaser!! I'm extra excited because Goblet of Fire is my fave book. :)

9/5/05 7:30 pm

 
Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Can I offer additonal assurance that Dr. Who fans will not be disappointed. The new series is awesome.

9/5/05 8:50 pm

 
Blogger Casyn said...

At least you have a new novel to help fill the gap though Muzekez! Bring on July 16!

Thanks for the vote of confidence Lisa. :-) I am looking forward to getting invovled in this new show.

11/5/05 4:23 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger

 

© Casyn 2004 - 2005