Tv blabs, movie blabs, book blabs. Lots of blab, but no flab.

Saturday, May 14

A Little Time Out

There is a very good reason why it's better if I'm not allowed out of the house. I tend to buy things I don't really need. Well I convince myself at the time of purchase that I need them, but later realise that I should be more restrained.

Today resulted in the purchase of Smallville season 1 for $30 at Big W, and the forthcoming TV series 'event' on Nine, Steven Spielberg Presents: Taken. I'm rather confused by this whole Taken deal. Video Ezy has had it for hire for months now. I saw it in standard retail stores today and picked it up at half the retail price from Video Ezy. Yet, it still hasn't aired on the network who bought it. Now, I know that it's unlikely to affect ratings on the show, but I always thought the networks had serious deals so they had dibs on when and how people in this country view imported shows. Firefly was the same. Released for retail sale months before it's free-to-air run in the middle of the night.

I also bought The Wizard: A Secret History by Alan Baker. Only $5 and looked interesting. Bargain bins rule!

4 viewers interjected with:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there a gibberish translator in the house? I can't make head nor nail of that uber-babble you flung onto the screen during your latest spasmodic seizure. Dullard, do yourself and everyone else a favor: disconnect your computer from the Internet.

If brains were dynamite, you wouldn't have enough to blow the kneecap off a flea. I understand what you are trying to say, even though you obviously don't. However, I'll consider letting you have the last word if you guarantee it will be your last. As Ellen Glasgow once remarked: "He knows so little and knows it so fluently."

What possessed you to think that you were capable of being entertaining or interesting to read? You have the warm personal charm of a millipede and about as much class as a bucket of mucous lodged on top of a dumpster in a Blue Light district of New Jersey. Maybe you wouldn't be such a Jerk-In-The-Box if you had enough brains to find water after falling down a well; if your weren't so fat that when you stand on the weighing scale, it reads: "Sorry, we don't weigh livestock.", or if you didn't have a face so ugly that even your mother didn't know which end to put the diaper on. No, come to think of it, you would.

Now, why don’t you climb onto that Special Needs tricycle of yours with the fourth wheel attached for extra-ensured retard stability and pedal your fat ass down to the sports field and do some “outdoors” stuff for a change. Hell, if you don’t like it, you can always offer to lick-clean the jockstraps

15/5/05 12:20 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how witty.

How long did you spend thinking up such a splendidly erroneous commentary?

But wait... you didn't even take the time to use your brain did you?

No, you used an insult generator.

Oh how smart you are, shall we now all bow down and worship you for your amazing humour… but alas we can not, for it is not your humour.

Moron.

15/5/05 2:04 am

 
Blogger Casyn said...

Constructive criticism is a wonderful thing. I appreciate that this person so vehemently disliked my writing that it inspired them to leave such a comment. It is a shame that rather than putting forward a series of actual criticisms this person resorted to name calling and insults about my personal appearance and mental capacity. Further more, this person was incapable of writing an original comment that was specifically relevant to my writing. They resorted to posting a generated flame from an auto-flame website (which I will not link). Now, I could respond specifically to each claim, but why waste my, and everyone else's time.

I wish to thank those who showed support when I sent a shocked email out when I first read it. I'm off to see if the scales actually register my weight yet.

15/5/05 4:23 pm

 
Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Well dealt with Casyn. Hope you are feeling suitably encouraged by those of us who delight in your blog.

16/5/05 9:54 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger

 

© Casyn 2004 - 2005