Tv blabs, movie blabs, book blabs. Lots of blab, but no flab.

Friday, April 22

A New Friend

I am slightly obsessed with Cirque Du Soleil. I think you'd have to be a fairly hard person not to be even slightly awed by their shows. I finally had my copy of Quidam returned last week and yesterday I sat down to revisit the show that I thoroughly enjoyed live last year. I think Quidam could possibly be my favourite touring Cirque show. There were a couple of different acts in the live show and the clowns were different as well, but having the DVD brought back the wonder I feel when watching a Cirque show. It's like being a child again, just that clear minded awe when you see something for the first time.

The real reason for this post is that Cirque have opened a new touring show call Corteo. It opens today in Montreal then goes on a North American tour. I'll have to start saving.

2 viewers interjected with:

Blogger Onanymous said...

I saw a newspaper article yesterday that said they were here in SA to recruit some acts for the show.
Unfortunately, there seems to be no hope yet for actually seeing a show here.

22/4/05 2:48 pm

 
Blogger Casyn said...

It's a shame they haven't gone your way yet. We are relatively new to the Cirque circuit. We've only had 3 shows over 5 years come through. Admittedly, they do spend about 6 months here. And Quidam has just come back, extending the tour to Adelaide & Perth until June. Maybe you could pop across the Indian Ocean?

24/4/05 2:12 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger

 

© Casyn 2004 - 2005