Tv blabs, movie blabs, book blabs. Lots of blab, but no flab.

Wednesday, March 2

Too Old For It?

Is it possible that I've grown past the Oscars?

I was not dedicating my full attention to the broadcast.

I looked at who won some of the awards while the actual event was happening.

I yawned through most of the speeches.

I didn't have anything invested in any of the films up for nomination.

Sure it's all glitz and glamour, but maybe it's time to really start taking to the ceremonies' script with a hefty red pen. I liked the idea of the new ways of presenting awards to 'lesser' (which they aren't) categories. Means you don't have to wait for every single winner to cheer, kiss, hug, shake hands and cry with every person along the aisle, but they did have the feeling of being herded cattle and given as much respect.

I pretty much agree with everything Harry says in this article about this year's ceremony.

I miss Roberto Benini who just got up on his seat and wanted to make love with everybody.

2 viewers interjected with:

Blogger Onanymous said...

Oh, I absolutely agree.
The only speech I really enjoyed was sung by the composer of the best song (from 'Motorcycle Diaries', but I don't know the name or even how to spell it), and I didn't even understand what he said!
And I really missed seeing the clips for the animated shorts - usually one of the best parts for me.

4/3/05 3:08 pm

 
Blogger MuzeKez said...

Even the frocks were boring - pretty, but boring. No real "Wow!" frocks, and no real "What was she thinking?!" frocks either. Blah. :-(

6/3/05 9:57 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger

 

© Casyn 2004 - 2005