Tv blabs, movie blabs, book blabs. Lots of blab, but no flab.

Friday, January 28

Some Da Vinci Code film news. If you haven’t heard, Ron Howard is directing Tom Hanks in the lead role of Robert Langdon. Audrey Tautou (Amelie) has just announced that she will be stepping into Sophie Neveu’s shoes. The Louvre has agreed to allow filming in its halls, so I’ll finally know what the place really looks like, rather than my imagined Louvre.

The trailer for Tim Burton’s The Corpse Bride has been released.

Peter Jackson has announced his next project post-Kong. He will adapt the 2002 novel ‘The Lovely Bones’ by Alice Sebold. It is narrated from heaven by a 14-year-old girl who has been raped and murdered, and looks down on the people left behind to deal with the tragedy. Sounds like he’s going back to his Heavenly Creatures roots.

A Serenity test screening had a mixed reaction but converts Herc into a Firefly fan. Can’t wait!

Here's some pictures (1, 2) of Tim Burton's Charlie and The Chocolate Factory.

4 viewers interjected with:

Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Any thoughts on the casting of Tom Hanks for Da Vinci? Maybe it's my general antipathy towards this actor - Cloud stands by the statement that his best film was 'Big' - but I can't honestly say Hanks was anything like I imagined Robert to look.

28/1/05 11:00 pm

 
Blogger Hugh said...

It'll definitely be interesting to see Burton's take on Wonka. He definitely won't sugarcoat the story, excuse the pun.

29/1/05 10:02 am

 
Blogger Pickwick said...

The Lovely Bones and Heavenly Creatures are such different texts, I can't imagine that Jackson will 'go back' in any way! Personally, I can't wait to see how he treats this. It was such a fantastic novel!

Okay, so maybe the heaven sequences may borrow a little, afterall, The Lovely Bones accommodates that notion of heaven unfolding before you...

:-)

29/1/05 3:41 pm

 
Blogger Casyn said...

Bias against Tom Hanks aside, I still don't think he's the right Robert Langdon. I've not thought about who else would be better because it is a bit pointless. Someone with a little more sophistication and looks like they're a professor rather than an old version of the Big character.

I like the looks of the Wonka photos. Depp will certainly bring an interesting twist to the character. I'm trying to stop myself having too high an expectation.

I meant 'going back' as in 'returning to'. They are similar in that neither have characters with pointy ears or excessive body hair. Although the thought of Kong rampaging through Middle Earth is an amusing one.

I thought you had read the book. See, I do remember some things. :-)

30/1/05 12:30 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger

 

© Casyn 2004 - 2005