Tv blabs, movie blabs, book blabs. Lots of blab, but no flab.

Tuesday, January 25

Summer Sport

The only sport that I can abide to watch is the Australian Open. I don't really know why. I don't watch any other tennis during the year, nor do I plan to spend anytime watching it. It just, sort of, well, happens. I flick over and there's an exciting match on and I'm hooked for the duration.

Tonight was Aussie Alicia Molik v Venus Williams. First time for 17 years that an Australian woman has made it to the fourth round. I found myself behaving like a sports nut. Wooing, and talking to the TV. Yeah and Arggg were constant commentaries on the games' progress.

Molik won and I will be tuning in on Wednesday night to see how she performs.

Is there some sort of patriotism seeping in?

Unlikely. I still can't stand Lleyton Hewitt.

3 viewers interjected with:

Blogger MuzeKez said...

Oh, C'MON! What's wrong with Lleyton? Yeah, I can't stand him either. :-)

But hooray for Molik! I was watching "Troy" and kept pausing it to check on her progress. Great to see an Aussie lass into the Quarters.

25/1/05 10:30 am

 
Blogger Hugh said...

If this turns into a tennis blog I'll take a contract on your life ;-)

I like the tennis too btw.

25/1/05 12:11 pm

 
Blogger Casyn said...

I promise this won't become a tennis blog!

It's on TV, so I think it's within my realm of commentary. :-)

I have a TV date tomorrow at 1pm. Should be good.

Aggassi v Federer tonight was good, but felt kinda bad for Aggassi as he was just outplayed. 22 aces to Aggassi's 1. Not his best tennis. Getting past his prime perhaps?

We need to start up a game of blog tennis! I have no idea how that would work though.

25/1/05 11:50 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger

 

© Casyn 2004 - 2005