Tv blabs, movie blabs, book blabs. Lots of blab, but no flab.

Tuesday, January 25

I Need A Drink

Apparently I'm an underachiever.

I heard a news brief tonight explaining that the average Australian household expenditure per year on alcohol is $4000!

I really need to start drinking.

3 viewers interjected with:

Blogger MuzeKez said...

Wow, it's nice to know that my lack of interest in drinking is saving me so much money! $4000 - that's a whole lotta cinema tickets and DVDs.

25/1/05 10:31 am

 
Blogger Violet said...

That fact wouldn't get me drinking. What would are articles I seen in the paper about research that claims that drinking moderately makes you live longer and be smarter.

25/1/05 3:32 pm

 
Blogger Casyn said...

It is alot of movies and DVDs. It's also alot of chips.

We were discussing this at work today, and it breaks down to about $77 a week. Now you look at some families who have tweenage children who, whether we like it or not, traditionally are heavy drinkers, $77 a week doesn't seem all that much.

I was shocked because I can't imagine spending that much on alcohol alone. It would be a similar amount for a smoker I would imagine. So if you drink and smoke. Think of the new car you could buy every three years!

Drinking in moderation makes us smarter? I think the researchers may have been sampling their test products. Alcohol in gereral is a bit of a far reach. I've heard about red wine and that sort of specific study, which seem reasonable. Won't make me like red wine though.

25/1/05 11:56 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger

 

© Casyn 2004 - 2005