Tv blabs, movie blabs, book blabs. Lots of blab, but no flab.

Monday, August 30

Bregenz Me

I work in a theatre. I love going to see shows. I am a junkie for spectacle. I like to be amazed by images. So, in 2000, when I saw a photo from a production of the opera "A Masked Ball" I got all ga-ga. All I wanted to do was go and see the show.

My first problem was it was in Austria. The second is they only perform it for one month a year during the Bregenz Festival. This festival is the Summer festival of the city of Bregenz in western Austria. Since 1950 they have built shows out on Lake Constance upon barges. The first show on the permanent structure was "The Magic Flute". Ever since, they build a new show every two years.

West Side Story

Go to the festival link above and take a look at the set for the current show "West Side Story". It'll blow ya socks off. This is theatre at its biggest.

If anyone heads over I want to know what it's like. Anyone heading over from Australia better have a big enough suitcase to fit me in.

2 viewers interjected with:

Blogger Pickwick said...

Great pic!

31/8/04 5:21 am

 
Blogger MuzeKez said...

*gobsmacked* oh, I want to go! :-) "West Side Story" happens to be my favourite musical. Must save pennies!

31/8/04 10:41 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger

 

© Casyn 2004 - 2005