Tv blabs, movie blabs, book blabs. Lots of blab, but no flab.

Friday, July 22

I Canna Give 'Er Any Mooore Cap'n!

With the passing of Star Trek legend James Doohan, I reminisce about a time some years ago:

The family (when there were four of us) were sitting down in front of the box and we watched the classic tear-jerker 'Ghost'. It's all rather serious and the climax of the movie approaches. The bright white light appears above Patrick Swayze and as he starts to go, my brother (then 10ish) states loudly, "Beam me up, Scotty!"

Thus was the emotion of the film disrupted by a simple, yet highly amusing, observation.

2 viewers interjected with:

Blogger SingleFin said...

I always liked the old joke:

"Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes."

22/7/05 9:12 pm

 
Blogger Casyn said...

:-)

I hadn't heard that one.

23/7/05 1:16 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger

 

© Casyn 2004 - 2005