Tv blabs, movie blabs, book blabs. Lots of blab, but no flab.

Tuesday, June 29

Paper Cuts

Am still making my way through Robin Hobb's Fools Fate. I am enjoying it immensely. The down side of this is I'm not interested in reading the other books I've got on the side right now.

The books I'm trying to get through are Death Sentence by Don Watson and Eats, Shoots and Leaves by Lynne Truss. Both are books about words. Death Sentence dissects public language and the way that business and governments are trapped by their own lingo and simplification of language. Eats, Shoots and Leaves is a book about punctuation. It's a book about endangered species, where punctuation is at greatest risk. Both are worth reading if not worth buying. Have them sit on your coffee table and you will instantly appear more intellectual. *Cough*

0 viewers interjected with:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger

 

© Casyn 2004 - 2005