Tv blabs, movie blabs, book blabs. Lots of blab, but no flab.

Tuesday, August 30

September Movie Madness

Doompity Doo!1st - Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Tim Burton's new take on the classic Dahl book has taken the world by technicolour storm. Depp looks a little creepy as the child-hating Wonka, Freddy Highmore is wide-eyed as ever as the innocence-personified Charlie, and Deep Roy takes cloning to a whole new level playing ALL the Oompa-Loompas. This should be a fun ride with many lolly puns to follow.

15th - Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit
I love the original Wallace and Gromit tales. Twenty five minutes never felt like enough time for this pair to have a full adventure. Thankfully, the masterminds at Aardman have also realised this and signed the dynamic human/canine duo up for a feature film (I believe Gromit was far more demanding than he was in the early days). Hopefully, this new adventure will live up to the originals and result in more cheese addictions

15th - Dukes of Hazzard
It was a B-grade TV show, and chances are the movie will be even cheesier, but for some reason I actually want to see it. Jessica Simpson will no doubt irritate me to the point of gnawing my fingers off, but maybe the car stunts will be enough to make it bearable.

22nd - Deuce Bigalow 2: European Gigolo
I rather enjoyed the first Deuce film. Base comedy that worked rather well, even if it did cross every politically-correct line set in the last few years. Can a sequel hope to recreate that chance combination? I doubt it.

The climax for the month being the film I've been waiting for all year...

29th - Serenity
Everyone who has read this blog in the past few months should have at least heard about Serenity. Whedon's Firefly big-screen continuation has been gaining momentum lately with it's 'world' premiere at the Edinburgh Film Festival. A couple of reviews from that festival were sent to Ain't It Cool News; one from a non-fan, and the other from a gushing fan. I'm excited about the prospect of more Firefly action, and hopeful that it can live up to expectations.

October is looking to be a rather barren month with only Tim Burton's The Corpse Bride set for release on the 27th. November the same, with only The Brother's Grimm (24th). December is going to be the big month: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (1st), King Kong (14th), The legend of Zorro and The Chronicles of Narnia (26th).

2006 starts with a bang with the animated tale of Chicken Little and the film adaptation of the Broadway hit musical that was based on a film, The Producers, open on January 1st.

11 viewers interjected with:

Blogger MuzeKez said...

psst.. I'm off to an advanced screening of "Serenity", Thursday night. One more sleep!! Woo!! ...not that I'm bragging or anything ;-)

31/8/05 8:21 am

 
Blogger Casyn said...

No fair!!!

Hope it's great! :-)

31/8/05 4:44 pm

 
Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg said...

All this talk of Serenity!

Casyn, btw, I wouldn't be without your movie updates and preview listings for the world: sometimes they are my best reminders of what is to come amidst the clamour of adverts for stuff I do not care about!

31/8/05 9:37 pm

 
Blogger Draic said...

Speaking of adverts...
Big News From The Healthcare Industry!!

+++++++++++Current Profile+++++++++++
Faceplant Globule Salutations (FaGS)

...just kidding :)
Okay, Serenity is the one movie I absolutely must see in a cinema. I still would love to see wonka, narnia, and harry, but if i don't see Serenity then... I must hang my head in shame. A lot.

1/9/05 1:56 am

 
Blogger Casyn said...

:-) Glad to know my shared enthusiam for some films is helpful!

You could have at least added the link to that very intriguing advert!

I think if you, Draic, managed to miss Serenity at the cinema I'd have to come down there and slap you round with an unendangered species of wet fish. :-)

2/9/05 12:34 am

 
Blogger MuzeKez said...

"Serenity" is so gorram shiny that if anyone misses it in the cinema they ought to be slapped around with slimy wet fishies! Funnily enough, about half an hour into the film I realised why I had been thinking it looked a bit, I dunno, odd.. not used to seeing the *beautiful* cast on such a big screen! :-)

Best.Movie.This.Year!

2/9/05 12:04 pm

 
Blogger Casyn said...

Ooo! Excellent. :-)

2/9/05 1:51 pm

 
Blogger Onanymous said...

I'm so jealous. I can't even find a single site that will tell me when Serenity is starting here!

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was a lot of fun. I loved the 2001 Space Odessey reference.

2/9/05 5:32 pm

 
Blogger Casyn said...

Imdb haven't got anything listed either. Doesn't look promising. :-/

2/9/05 6:08 pm

 
Blogger Violet said...

I really really want to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Serenity and Wallace and Gromit, but I don't see myself leaving the house with my daughter for many many months. I wonder how long it'll be before they're out on DVD?

5/9/05 1:56 pm

 
Blogger Casyn said...

The average wait is four months from cinema release to dvd release. So Charlie should be out by Xmas, as should Wallace and Gromit. Serenity may also be pushed forward to use the rush as well.

We can only hope!

6/9/05 1:24 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger

 

© Casyn 2004 - 2005