Tv blabs, movie blabs, book blabs. Lots of blab, but no flab.

Saturday, August 6

I'm a tool. A tool, tool, tool.

I bought the first season of Scrubs on DVD today. It makes me laugh. Loudly and often.

The deliveries are so fast, and the inner-monologues can be so subtle that it's worth rewinding to make sure you heard correctly. It would be nice if more comedies tried this hard to make us laugh that often. Most half-hour comedies are so lazy they rely on laugh tracks to tell you when you're meant to laugh.

The janitor annoys me a little, but Dr. Cox makes up for every second lost.

6 viewers interjected with:

Blogger Violet said...

I like Scrubs too. The janitor grows on you.

7/8/05 10:03 am

 
Blogger Onanymous said...

Oh, I love Scrubs!
The 4th season just started here, so there will at least be something to watch now that Lost and Alias is gone.

8/8/05 3:43 am

 
Blogger Casyn said...

The Janitor has moments, but I think I'm just off-put by him because he's means to JD for no apparent reason. I'm possibly a little over-sensitive to that kind of nastiness, even if it's humourous.

I've seen most of the first three seasons, and the fourth has been so sporadic on TV here even I can't keep up with it. So I'll be patient and wait for the DVDs.

8/8/05 11:45 pm

 
Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Cox is awesome. Sorry, but he's a great character!

9/8/05 1:00 am

 
Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Hmm... that last remark was meant to be more fullsome in praise of John C. McGinley's wonderful performance as Cox but got cut short by my local library net access running out!

So I'll say it again. Genius.

9/8/05 1:51 am

 
Blogger Casyn said...

I totally agree. That's what I was saying, Cox makes up for the other not-so-great bits.

I've watched a few of the extra-features and John C. McGinley seems a little too similar to Dr Cox. I think that would be scary in real life.

Tis a great show. Am glad it got renewed this year.

11/8/05 11:09 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger

 

© Casyn 2004 - 2005