Tv blabs, movie blabs, book blabs. Lots of blab, but no flab.

Thursday, June 17

Paper Cuts

I've been on a long post blitz recently. It's a secret mission of mine to get my word count right up. Not really, I've just had lots to say. Not particularly concerned if no one wants to read it.

I've now moved on, or back maybe more appropriate, so the final book in the Tawny Man series by Robin Hobb. Fools Fate has been on my shelf patiently waiting for me to read it since last year. I finished The Golden Fool earlier this year and for a reason I can't recall decided to proceed with other books. Probably a Buffy or Angel book actually. I tend to slot them between other novels.

Hobb's first series was The Farseer Trilogy, which I class as my favourite series. I thoroughly enjoy reading them and can barely put them down. So when I discovered a second set of books about Fitz and the Fool were being written I was very much looking forward to them. The first book, Fool's Errand, was like seeing old friends again. Rediscovering a world mostly forgotten was like chocolate after a long break. It's a book, I know this, but it's something I really enjoy.

The Golden Fool was not as enjoyable, but considering the books its still a good book. Lots of conflict and Fitz getting beat up.

So far I've spent most of Fools Fate re-acquainting myself with the character from a long break, but after today's effort I'm well into the story again. I love my job sometimes. I managed to read about 100 pages tonight :-)

2 viewers interjected with:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haven't read the book, or any other by that author, but couldn't believe no-one had commented on this post yet....

17/6/04 2:22 am

 
Blogger Casyn said...

I was going to say that it was like having chocolate after a long diet, then realised I'd never been on one.

17/6/04 2:39 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger

 

© Casyn 2004 - 2005