Tv blabs, movie blabs, book blabs. Lots of blab, but no flab.

Thursday, December 9

Farewell Old Friends

It was a sad day a couple of weeks ago when walking outside and the top toe-strap of my left yard sandal snapped. I was distraught that an era of my life had ended so abruptly. I have had these shoes for so long now I can't recall when or how it all began. There have been some trials along the way; the back strap of the right shoe fell off; the left's sole began to crack and was saved by some gaff tape cosmetic surgery; they were frayed and not terribly functional; but they were just my yard shoes and I didn't care.

So long good friends.

3 viewers interjected with:

Blogger Pickwick said...

Yes, but the other day, they were still by the back door. Have you yet had the strength to perform that final farewell?

Vale, yard sandals.

10/12/04 9:12 pm

 
Blogger Hugh said...

Re-spect

10/12/04 11:12 pm

 
Blogger Casyn said...

They will remain by the back steps until I can get a replacement. Then they will go on a one-way trip to shoe heaven.

12/12/04 11:51 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger

 

© Casyn 2004 - 2005